The latest update to Internet Explorer (version 11) may prevent the “compose message” edit window (on discussion posts or mail messages, most commonly) from opening. To make sure you are able to compose messages when working in ANGEL with Internet Explorer 11, you must set your browser to compatibility view. Here’s how:
1) Open Internet Explorer 11.
2) Press the Alt key to display the Menu bar (or right–click the Address bar and then select Menu bar).
3) Click Tools, and then click Compatibility View settings.
4) Type in “mccneb.edu” to the “add this website” bar and click Add.
5) Close the dialog box.
6) In ANGEL return to the course homepage, then go to compose a mail message or discussion post. The edit window should load normally.
Why is this happening?
ANGEL’s framework is not compatible with the way the latest IE browser loads webpages. As browsers develop, older websites and their inner workings are sometimes left behind. Currently, ANGEL only works correctly in Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer (versions 8-10 or version 11 in compatibility mode, and Windows 8 users must use the desktop mode), and Safari.
You can find out more about ANGEL’s supported browsers—plus links to free downloads—at MCC’s browser support page.